Thursday, October 9

Please help protect my Family!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Please help me protect my family. We are voting YES on Prop 8 because if it fails to pass some of my religious rights and freedoms of speech will be taken away. It may not be all at once, but it will happen slowly over time. In Massachusetts and Canada where same-sex marriage is allowed freedoms and rights have already been taken away. People are being sewed for what they believe. Tolerance has to go both ways. I am tolerant of what others do that I do not believe and they need to be tolerant of what I believe. We can disagree and still love each other. I am religious and I read the Bible and I know where God stands on the issue so I cannot back down even if the law changes. I am concerned about mine and my children's future if Prop 8 fails. Some people think if it fails the only consequence is that same sex marriages will continue to happen, but there is much more that will change. Churches will be sued if they refuse to allow same-sex marriage ceremonies in their religious buildings that are open to the public. Religious adoption agencies who will not place kids with same-sex couples will be forced to comply or shut down. My 5 year old son will be taught in school that it is okay for him to marry a man or a woman. Ministers who preach against same-sex marriages will be sued for hate speech. And it will cost you money for all the legal changes that will need to be made. Like I said this kind of stuff is already happening in other areas so do not think it will not happen here. Please help me protect my children's futures by voting YES on Prop 8. It is important to me.

Katherine Joy

No comments: